none
Trying to Link dates across sources within Power BI RRS feed

• Question

• Hi;

I have a query that I need help with.<o:p></o:p>

I am designing a powerBI file and I have linked to 4 different sources i.e. excel.<o:p></o:p>

I have setup the links/relationships across the files where I can e.g. UserIDs and WorkOrder Numbers.

However when I want to get data across the files to filter based on a date, selecting one of the date fields does not filter the data from the another sources for the same date.<o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

How do I get over this. Is there a DAX command I can use. When I attempt to join the sources based off date fields it requires me to deactivate one of the other links which I can't.<o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

Any help would be great. I can share my design file if required too.
    Thursday, April 25, 2019 8:22 AM

Answers

• This is the Power Query forum and you're asking a data modeling/DAX question.

I'd recommend to post it in the Power BI forum instead. And make sure to include a picture of your relationships, as they are key to your question.

Also make sure to mark your Date table as a date table!

Imke Feldmann - MVP Data Platform (PowerBI) - http://www.TheBIccountant.com 

Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to vote it as helpful - Thanks!

Saturday, April 27, 2019 5:17 AM