Forefront brakes my WFE servers RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have been trialing forefront for sharepoint 2010 on a dev box for a while, and everything was working fine.

Having decided we would go with the product, we purchased full licences and i went about installing it on our live farm.

However unlike the dev boxs, as soon as it finished installing on the live farm it started generating errors, initialy just that some engines could not update, but rapidly starts causing other errors:

An exception occurred while updating addresses for connected app {3e176e7e-dc12-4469-919e-4b59fb0883d0_5c4b06f3-ac6c-4acc-ab13-85ba311879a4}. The uri endpoint information may be stale. System.InvalidOperationException: The requested application could not be found.
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPTopologyWebServiceApplicationProxy.ProcessCommonExceptions(Uri endpointAddress, String operationName, Exception ex, SPServiceLoadBalancerContext context)
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPTopologyWebServiceApplicationProxy.ExecuteOnChannel(String operationName, CodeBlock codeBlock)
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPTopologyWebServiceApplicationProxy.GetEndPoints(Guid serviceId)
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPConnectedServiceApplicationAddressesRefreshJob.Execute(Guid targetInstanceId)

This caused both WFE servers to stop responding to requests, and i could only fix it by completly removing forefront and restarting the servers.

Both enviroments are 3 tier, both are running the same OS version and updates. the only difference is the live servers are load balanced, could this be causing the issue?

Thursday, January 20, 2011 1:52 PM

Answers

All replies