none
Power Query mouse gesture RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everybody,

german Excel-forums couldn't help me, why I try it here. Please excuse my Grammar ;-)

It is about the COM Add-In Power query in Excel. There are problems with the mouse gesture "scroll". If, for example, in a final query in Excel with the mouse from the query out and jumped in, scrolling does not work with the mouse. Only with a doubleclick, it is again possible to scroll in or outside of the query . Only the mouse is affected by it, the keyboard navigation works flawlessly.

On 3 different Computers is the same problem. Is that an intentional behavior in Power Query?

Would be happy when somebody me helps.

with nice greeting

Christian
    • Edited by Lagerstand Saturday, September 12, 2015 11:44 AM
    Saturday, September 12, 2015 11:39 AM

Answers

• Hi Christian. It's not entirely clear to us what the behavior you're encountering is. Would it be possible for you to post a few screenshots, or a video, demonstrating what happens?

Thanks,

Ehren

Monday, September 21, 2015 6:02 PM
    Owner
  • Ehren,

I believe I understand Christian's problem and am experiencing the same issue.  I have a workbook with a power query model and several ordinary worksheets.  If I open my workbook on a non-power query worksheet, scroll functionality works fine (Logitech Performance MX mouse using the Logitech Setpoint software to manage mouse functions).  If I change worksheets to the Power Query worksheet, scroll functionality stops working for all sheets in the workbook.  Scroll functionality is restored by double clicking any cell in the Power Query worksheet and then hitting escape.  If I move to a non-Power Query worksheet, scroll functionality continues to work fine.  When I return to the Power Query worksheet, scroll functionality stops working until double-clicking and then escaping from a cell on the Power Query worksheet.

This seems to be a bug in the latest Power Query release.  Several users have experienced the same problems as detailed in the link below:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/44558c03-411b-4c99-8160-96af233828e9/excell-2013-365-scroll-wheel-disabled-due-to-power-query?forum=excel

I'm using a Surface Pro 2, Office 2013 Pro Plus, Windows 8.1, and a Logitech Performance MX mouse.

Thanks,

Clayton

Wednesday, September 30, 2015 3:33 PM

All replies

• Hi Christian. It's not entirely clear to us what the behavior you're encountering is. Would it be possible for you to post a few screenshots, or a video, demonstrating what happens?

Thanks,

Ehren

Monday, September 21, 2015 6:02 PM
    Owner
  • Ehren,

I believe I understand Christian's problem and am experiencing the same issue.  I have a workbook with a power query model and several ordinary worksheets.  If I open my workbook on a non-power query worksheet, scroll functionality works fine (Logitech Performance MX mouse using the Logitech Setpoint software to manage mouse functions).  If I change worksheets to the Power Query worksheet, scroll functionality stops working for all sheets in the workbook.  Scroll functionality is restored by double clicking any cell in the Power Query worksheet and then hitting escape.  If I move to a non-Power Query worksheet, scroll functionality continues to work fine.  When I return to the Power Query worksheet, scroll functionality stops working until double-clicking and then escaping from a cell on the Power Query worksheet.

This seems to be a bug in the latest Power Query release.  Several users have experienced the same problems as detailed in the link below:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/44558c03-411b-4c99-8160-96af233828e9/excell-2013-365-scroll-wheel-disabled-due-to-power-query?forum=excel

I'm using a Surface Pro 2, Office 2013 Pro Plus, Windows 8.1, and a Logitech Performance MX mouse.

Thanks,

Clayton

Wednesday, September 30, 2015 3:33 PM
  • Hi Clayton/Christian,

I just replied to the other thread - if you have a workbook that can reproduce this issue consistently, and it does not contain sensitive data (or you can remove the sensitive data from the workbook), would you be able to send us a copy of the workbook? You can use the Send-a-Frown feature in PQ and attach the workbook directly to the frown e-mail and send it, and then leave a note on this thread so that I know to look for it.

Thanks!

Wednesday, November 18, 2015 1:44 AM