none
Interpreting an exchange trace log RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have an exchange trace log that I need someone to interpret for me. This is a log created on Exchange 2007 by running extrace. The info I have indicates that I need Microsoft to interpret the log for me. Upon calling support they said because Exchange 2007 is not longer supported I should post on technet to see if someone would interpret the log for me.

Basically I have a user who occasionally has calendar entries disappearing. It happens only occasionally but is a big problem to him. He accesses his mailbox and calendar on his PC using Outlook 2013 and on his IPAD and his IPhone. My suspicion is one of these last 2 devices is causing it when a particular condition exists which is why it only happens occasionally.

Anyway if you have a look at KB971878 it goes through the steps to follow on Exchange Server and at the end says contact Microsoft to interpret the log.

I have this etl file now and have tried several different log viewers to see if I can open it myself and haven’t been able to pull the required information out of it in any of them. Basically from what I have read I should be able to see a calendar deletion event and a device ID responsible in the right software.

Is there anyone that can interpret this log for me?

Thanks

Mike

Thursday, April 27, 2017 4:09 AM

All replies

• I recommend that you find a consultant experienced in this area.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Thursday, April 27, 2017 7:29 AM
  • Hi Mike,

As we said that Exchange 2007 is out of support, we suggest you migrate Exchange 2007 to Exchange 2010 SP3 or Exchange 2013, then submit a new case to Microsoft, thanks for your understanding and support. 

Best Regards,
    Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, April 28, 2017 6:43 AM
  • I'd love to upgrade definitely - but this is a longer term solution and I can't do it straight away. 

MS phone support suggested I place a post here and hope someone would take pity on me and read the log file for me so that is what I have done.

Thanks

Mike

Wednesday, May 3, 2017 4:27 AM