none
cannot open a single project after disabling support for project professional 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• We use SharePoint/Project Server 2010.  I have a single project on the Project Server (PS) that fails to open in Project Professional (PP). The project is editable in PWA, but PP closes it as soon as it opens it (ie that's what the status window is displaying, I basically get a blank screen in PP after "opening" the project, and when closing it does not have anything to save/check in). The only recent change I made was disable PP 2007 support.  I reviewed several posts so here are some thoughts: I am currently not using backups, so cannot restore, the server name is already in the trusted list.  Any way to retrieve this project from the server (or directly from DB)?
    Tuesday, October 29, 2013 8:13 PM

Answers

• Hi, 

After disabling 2007 compatibility mode, you should update your global enterprise to 2010 version.

1- open ur global enterprise, make a little change (like adjust Width of any column)

2- save and close Ms Pro

hope this help u.

Jalal Blali MCTS, MCITP

Tuesday, January 28, 2014 12:07 PM
  • Hi Wwodzien,

It might be because of duplicate RES_OPTINDX values. Please install following KB and check the behaviour.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2687386/en-us

Note:- I would suggest you to test this in a test environment first.

Happy troubleshooting....

Vikram Daruru - MSFT

Monday, January 27, 2014 5:46 AM

All replies

• Hi Wwodzien,

It might be because of duplicate RES_OPTINDX values. Please install following KB and check the behaviour.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2687386/en-us

Note:- I would suggest you to test this in a test environment first.

Happy troubleshooting....

Vikram Daruru - MSFT

Monday, January 27, 2014 5:46 AM
  • Hi, 

After disabling 2007 compatibility mode, you should update your global enterprise to 2010 version.

1- open ur global enterprise, make a little change (like adjust Width of any column)

2- save and close Ms Pro

hope this help u.

Jalal Blali MCTS, MCITP

Tuesday, January 28, 2014 12:07 PM