none
Is it possible to include a Text column in the ODATA Project or Task tables? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

is it possible please to include a Text column form the Project or Task level into the ODATA feed?

I want to use the Project Text 20 column to contain a reference for another system.

Best Regards

Stewart

Wednesday, March 6, 2019 5:05 PM

Answers

• Hi Stewart,

If you are referring the the Reporting API (_api/ProjectData), this only includes enterprise level custom fields (plus other intrinsic fields).

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS | MVP | Downloads

Wednesday, March 6, 2019 5:21 PM
  • Tested in our DEV PWA project online and the Enterprise Fields in TASK will suit us. The Custom Field automagiaclly appears available for PWA Task Page,  Task ODATA, Project Desktop... with a bit of trial and error before you apply it to your PRD PWA system.

For the 'newcomer' (like me), Server Settings, Enterprise Custom Fields and Lookup Tables , Add Custom Field, Entity = Task, Type Number (for a Sales Order Number in our case integrated with ERP so that the Project Actuals post OK), the rest are 'use the defaults'.

• Marked as answer by Stewa11 Thursday, March 7, 2019 9:32 AM
    Thursday, March 7, 2019 9:32 AM

All replies

• Hi Stewart,

If you are referring the the Reporting API (_api/ProjectData), this only includes enterprise level custom fields (plus other intrinsic fields).

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS | MVP | Downloads

Wednesday, March 6, 2019 5:21 PM
  • Tested in our DEV PWA project online and the Enterprise Fields in TASK will suit us. The Custom Field automagiaclly appears available for PWA Task Page,  Task ODATA, Project Desktop... with a bit of trial and error before you apply it to your PRD PWA system.

For the 'newcomer' (like me), Server Settings, Enterprise Custom Fields and Lookup Tables , Add Custom Field, Entity = Task, Type Number (for a Sales Order Number in our case integrated with ERP so that the Project Actuals post OK), the rest are 'use the defaults'.

• Marked as answer by Stewa11 Thursday, March 7, 2019 9:32 AM
    Thursday, March 7, 2019 9:32 AM
  • Hi Paul, huge thanks for replying. See my reply below - it's my way of giving back by providing the answer. I honestly don't know the answer when I start out. :)
    Thursday, March 7, 2019 9:33 AM