none
Failed to find the XML file at location while upgrading to new CU

Question

• I have got allot of warnings and i have a solution but not sure why it is happening.

Warning: Failed to find the XML file at location

I get the message on my APP servers where the Web Application service is not running.

So starting the Web application on my App servers it creates the sites and it continues successfully...

Any other solutions r must i just start and stop the WFE service on the app servers?

Thursday, March 16, 2017 9:15 PM

All replies

• Hi Danie Claassen,

Have you deployed any solution to the APP server?

The cause could be the solution deployed to the APP server.

The “Microsoft SharePoint Foundation Web Application” service provides web server functionality. It is started by default on web servers. If the “Microsoft SharePoint Foundation Web Application” service is not started on the server, and there is a solution that contains web, site or web application scoped features, the solution cannot be deployed.

Note: In SharePoint, ensure that this service is started on all web servers in a farm. Stop this service on application servers. Read this article for more information.

Best regards,

Linda Zhang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Saturday, March 18, 2017 7:23 AM
  • Hi Linda

We have got solutions deployed.

We have got it deployed to the Web Applications. Not sure how you would deploy a solution to an App server. It gets deployed to servers running the Foundation Web Application service when you start the service so a little confused and not sure what you are asking. 

So I got the errors.

I started the "Foundation Web Application service" on app servers where i got errors.

PSConfig went through without any errors.

I stopped the Foundation Web Application service on the app servers.

I looked at your link, we have a traditional farm with 2 x app servers and 3 x wfe servers.

Monday, March 20, 2017 6:33 AM
  • Hi Danie Claassen,

What is the Cumulative Update you installed?

Please check the psconfig logs to see more error message about this issue.

Best Regards,

Linda Zhang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, March 21, 2017 1:18 PM