Issue with name change in SharePoint 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We recently had a user that was married change her last name. Her account was just renamed. We normally copy the account and issue a new user name/password. After the name change, the user could not correctly submit SharePoint 2007 forms. They would appear to be sent correctly, but looking into the situationm they did not appear in pending requests and managers were not emailed.

I just wanted to know the process of correcting the SharePoint access for the user.

• Changed type Mike Walsh FIN Friday, April 8, 2011 6:31 AM q
    • Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Friday, April 8, 2011 6:32 AM admin q (From:SharePoint - General Question and Answers and Discussion (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Thursday, April 7, 2011 7:12 PM

Answers

• Well, it really depends on how you are setting this information.  Are you using a database employee table to pull the manager?  Or are you using the getUserProfileByName SharePoint web service to pull it? 

I assume you have a form library view where you can view all of the forms (not just your pending requests) for admins?  If so, try to find her form there and take a look at the data to see what is getting set, what's getting set wrong, and what's getting set right.  In my forms I always have a hidden view for the form admin - in this view I have all the fields in the form so that I can see what is really going on (if a username isn't getting set correctly, etc.).  Do you have a view on your form like this that you can look at when she has a form open, or submits a form?

Also, just to clarify..... to sum it up you:

-Changed the user's name & the username in Active Directory?
    -Did you do a full profile import after the change?
    -She is able to logon just fine anywhere else, open a form, submit without errors, she just can't see it in her "pending requests" view, and the managers were not notified.

• Marked as answer by Wayne Fan Friday, April 15, 2011 6:25 AM
    Thursday, April 7, 2011 8:40 PM