none
Disable User Publishing RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have a certain set of workstations which we'd still like to deploy globally published apps to, but not user published apps. Is this possible?

Thanks

Thursday, March 7, 2019 2:58 PM

All replies

• Yes, it depends on which kind of accounts you add to your AD-group which you use for deployment. if you add Useraccounts the app will be published to the user, if you add computeraccounts, the app will deployed globally.

If you want to have a mix, you can also deside to enable/disable user/global sync through GPO.

Roy Essers

Tuesday, March 12, 2019 11:33 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks, I'm fully aware how to assign apps.

What I mean, is that I want a machine that explicitly does not deploy user assigned apps, whether they are assigned or not - an RDS server for example. 

Let's say Apps A, B and C are all assigned to various departments on a per user basis.

App D is assigned to RDS servers.

What I don't want is every time a user signs into an RDS server, for it to keep loading apps A, B and C, I would rather the machine ONLY did globally published apps, regardless of user.

Tuesday, March 12, 2019 11:39 AM
  • Disable User Publishing through GPO, and keep only Global Publishing in place.

Roy Essers

Tuesday, March 12, 2019 2:16 PM
  • As Roy stated, you would create a GPO to disable user publishing and assign it to this specific set of machines.
    Thursday, March 21, 2019 4:44 PM