Losing emails RRS feed

• Question

• As I have posted in Microsoft Community (I cannot post links)

Sometimes, when somebody sends emails to me and other people (even if I'm in the 'to' field and the others in the 'cc' one) I do not receive that email but all other people.

I have checked everything I thought about: those emails are not in spam (I only have inbox and spam folders), have nothing to do with filters, etc. In fact, if the same person sends to me another email, I usually get it.

I'm getting very angry with this problem, as I have lost 2 important emails and I don't find anything useful in the internet... =(

More information:

I usually access my email through kmail (the kde email client), but using firefox or qutebrowser the messages aren't found either in the inbox or any of the folders in outlook.com. Besides, all email is forwarded to another gmail account, and the lost messages are not. It seems that the email server doesn't receive that emails for some reason.

About the info in 'I didn't receive an email someone sent me' in Microsoft Support (I cannot post the link):

1. Junk: they are not there.

2. Inbox filter and sort settings: I don't use filters and sorting is the usual.

3. Clutter: I don't have clutter enabled.

4. Add a sender to your contact list: I cannot add all people in the world to my contact list, and the problem is not that the mails are moved to spam, it seems that they don't reach my account.

5. Blocked and safe senders list: I don't have any blocked sender and I cannot add all the people in the world to safe senders list, that's not an acceptable solution.

6. Junk email settings: Set to Standard

7. Email rules: I don't have any.

8. Email forwarding: The email is not forwarded from another email account, they are received directly (when received).

9. Check if your inbox is full: It's not, I had just deleted all emails when the problem happened for the first time, and at the moment I only have 550 emails in total.

Thursday, October 27, 2016 11:35 AM

All replies

• Hi Josealberto4444,

According to your description, you are using an outlook.com account to receive emails, not a mailbox which is in on-premise exchange server. Right?

Since this forum only for on-premise exchange issues, if you have mail-flow issue on outlook.com account, I'd recommend you post this in Outlook.com forum to ask for help, you may get effective solution timely.

Thanks for your understanding!

Best Regards,

Niko Cheng
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, October 28, 2016 9:03 AM
  • Thanks, that's what I did there: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum/oemail-osend/losing-emails/6c93181f-c860-4a16-aaef-603186a12717 and I was told to post it here.

By the way, I posted it 3 days ago and have no solution.

Friday, October 28, 2016 1:08 PM
  • Hi Josealberto4444,

I feel sorry for what happened to you, but because this is not an on-premise exchange issue, it is beyond the scope of our support, we also have not any constructive suggestions can provide, except to recommend you post in an appropriate forum.

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Niko Cheng
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Niko.Cheng Tuesday, November 1, 2016 3:30 AM
    Tuesday, November 1, 2016 3:29 AM
  • Did you track the email once it is sent to you along with another recipients ?

Please check if that particular email is delivered to your inbox or not , which can be shown in mail tracking result.

If it is delivered, then we can look into various factors to see why it is not shown in your inbox.

Please update.

Mihir Nayak If a post is helpful, please take a second to vote

Tuesday, November 1, 2016 4:14 AM