Location of Log file for Standalone TS Media Install RRS feed

• Question

• I'm imaging a bunch of new PCs with a standalone USB Task Sequence Media, and it works great! EXCEPT, I cant get some of my bundled applications/packages to install. 

Is there a error log anywhere that is generated after the OS is installed on the target computer? I'd like to see why 2 of my packages aren't installing during the imaging process (specifically Adobe Reader DC and Office 365).

Thank you

Wednesday, February 26, 2020 3:20 PM

Answers

• Hi,

We may firstly check smsts.log under c:\windows\ccm\logs\smsts.log, for the reference of location of smsts.log during TS process:
    https://www.ronnipedersen.com/2014/08/12/sccm-2012-r2-smsts-log-located/

Regards,
    Allen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Tsamp Wednesday, February 26, 2020 5:29 PM
    Wednesday, February 26, 2020 3:57 PM

All replies

• Hi,

We may firstly check smsts.log under c:\windows\ccm\logs\smsts.log, for the reference of location of smsts.log during TS process:
    https://www.ronnipedersen.com/2014/08/12/sccm-2012-r2-smsts-log-located/

Regards,
    Allen

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Tsamp Wednesday, February 26, 2020 5:29 PM
    Wednesday, February 26, 2020 3:57 PM
  • Allen,

This was exactly what I needed to look at, thank you!

Wednesday, February 26, 2020 5:29 PM
  • Hi,

Thank you very much for the update and we're glad to hear that. If you have any questions in future, we warmly welcome you to post in this forum again.

Regards,
    Allen

Monday, March 2, 2020 4:36 AM