EDGE SERVERS with 2 NICS (private) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Experts

I have a problem with a Customer to which i am installing Exchange 2016 with an Edge Server. I asked for 2 NIcs on the server 1 for External (Public IP) and 1 for Internal(Private IP)

But the customer has setup a NAT from 1 PUblic IP whic is not on the server . They have NAted a Public IP to an Private IP on the server .

So my Edge Server has 2 Private IPs ( 1 for the Nat and 1 on the Network of MBX servers)

I want to know if this setup will work

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 10:51 AM

All replies

• Hello Experts

I have a problem with a Customer to which i am installing Exchange 2016 with an Edge Server. I asked for 2 NIcs on the server 1 for External (Public IP) and 1 for Internal(Private IP)

But the customer has setup a NAT from 1 PUblic IP whic is not on the server . They have NAted a Public IP to an Private IP on the server .

So my Edge Server has 2 Private IPs ( 1 for the Nat and 1 on the Network of MBX servers)

I want to know if this setup will work

I dont understand why the need to for 2 NICs?

THe Edge should be in a DMZ, so there should it shouldnt be on the same network as the mailbox servers or access to the internal LAN in that sense.

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 11:20 AM
  • Hello

please Sorry for my english my understanding is the Edge server is not member of the Domain but have one leg going to the domain (1nic) and shoud be able to receive External mails (2 nic)

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 11:29 AM
  • Hello

please Sorry for my english my understanding is the Edge server is not member of the Domain but have one leg going to the domain (1nic) and shoud be able to receive External mails (2 nic)

Ok, but why the requirement? One NIC should suffice.
    • Proposed as answer by ThinkCenter Monday, September 23, 2019 8:01 AM
    Wednesday, September 18, 2019 12:03 PM
  • Hi,

I am writing here to confirm with you how the thing going now?

If you need further help, please provide more detailed information, so that we can give more appropriate suggestions.

Regards,

Kelvin Deng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com

Monday, September 23, 2019 8:01 AM