none
Access to "Project Summary Page" within Project Server 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• We have implemented Project Server 2013 and trying to provide "Team Members" access to the Project Summary page to access the Project Site. As the administrator, I can see this, but the Team Member role can not. Is there a permission that needs to be changed to allow access to this page so team members can access the Project Site. 
    Tuesday, October 22, 2013 5:15 PM

Answers

• Edward - Thank you for the response. I greatly appreciate it. You helped me in the right direction. I am going to post the steps I took to resolve this for future individuals.

1. Click "Server Settings" or "PWA Settings"
    2. Select "Manage Groups"
    3. Select "Team Members" under Group Name
    4. Select "My Tasks" under Categories > Selected Categories
    5. Under Permissions for My Tasks add a checkbox to Open Project

I wish the would have an "easy" button for accessing the site from the Project Center Page for team members. This isn't very easy for them. 

• Marked as answer by ProjMgrMatt Wednesday, October 23, 2013 5:33 PM
    Wednesday, October 23, 2013 5:33 PM

All replies

• Can they access the site directly? Assuming you have the default Project Server security permissions, do the following. I'm doing this from memory so terms will be approximate.

• Go to PWA Settings, Manage Security Group.
    • Click on Team Members
    • Scroll to Categories where My Tasks appears.
    • Click on My Tasks category

Two permissions may be of interest. If they are both checked, they should be able to access the site.

• View Project Site
    • View Project in Project Center

Hope this helps.

Treb Gatte, Project MVP | @tgatte | http://AboutMSProject.com

Tuesday, October 22, 2013 6:42 PM
  • Treb - thanks for the response. If I send the resource the link directly, they can access the site. I will look at the steps you provided and see if it works. 
    Tuesday, October 22, 2013 6:52 PM
  • Treb - that did not work for the user. The user is getting a "Access Denied" error on the page. I have included a screen shot of the error. Any help would be greatly appreciated
    Wednesday, October 23, 2013 12:50 PM
  • Looking at the URL in your screenshot, I noticed that your user is actually trying to open a Details Page for a specific project (ProjOpportunity).  This is different from the "Project Summary Page" that you mentioned--and different permissions are involved.

"View Project Schedule in Project Web App" (category permission) will need to be granted to the My Tasks category (i.e. the default category assigned to the Team Members security group).  Also--while you editing permissions for My Tasks category, insure that "View Project Site" (category permission) is granted-- which gives the user access to the Project Site.

There could be other factors. This is a starting point.

• Edited by Edward Hanna Wednesday, October 23, 2013 4:19 PM Correction
    Wednesday, October 23, 2013 3:29 PM
  • Edward - Thank you for the response. I greatly appreciate it. You helped me in the right direction. I am going to post the steps I took to resolve this for future individuals.

1. Click "Server Settings" or "PWA Settings"
    2. Select "Manage Groups"
    3. Select "Team Members" under Group Name
    4. Select "My Tasks" under Categories > Selected Categories
    5. Under Permissions for My Tasks add a checkbox to Open Project

I wish the would have an "easy" button for accessing the site from the Project Center Page for team members. This isn't very easy for them. 

• Marked as answer by ProjMgrMatt Wednesday, October 23, 2013 5:33 PM
    Wednesday, October 23, 2013 5:33 PM