Connection from Messenger to Live Mail failing RRS feed

• Question

• I am using Windows 7 RC - all working well except when I log onto Messanger and see that I have mail , I then click on the box to take me to Windows Live Mail however always on the first attempt I cannot connect to mail - it open the new window but stays in the "waiting" stage then goes to the "cannot connect - diagnose problems" screen - there are no problems. The only way I can get into Mail via Messenger is to log off Messenger and log back on and try again - sometimes I have to do this a few times to get across to Mail ? I have another PC running XP and no troubles - upgraded from Vista on this PC ( the problem one) and I think initially I had no problems ? Is this a problem Microsoft may have to rectify or is there another fix - thanks - LuckyLes

Tuesday, June 2, 2009 2:40 AM

Answers

• I found the answer to my own problem - unistall Windows Live mail as used when i had Vista and re-install Windows Live Mail and hey presto can now go from Messanger to Mail ! The only difference i can see ( and its a big one) is that the new Mail looks like Outlook Express but is called Windows Live Mail - works brilliantly ! So as far as I can see this is the answer - there obviously is a New Windows Live Mail I did not know about ? Hope this helps - LuckyLes
    • Marked as answer by axfelix Thursday, June 4, 2009 3:05 PM
    Thursday, June 4, 2009 3:01 AM