Remove Calendar or access to calendar for users RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I have a situation where an organization has asked me to remove access to individual calendars to force them to use a shared or group calendar instead so that User A cannot access or cannot use his own calendar, but must instead use the shared calendar of user B or Group Calendar C to post meetings, etc....

It seems that the cmdlet Remove-MailboxFolderPermsission -identity userA:\calendar -user userA will not remove permissions of the mailbox owner.  (Unless there is a switch I'm unaware of?)

That said, is there a way to accomplish what is being asked of me?

Personally, I think they are trying to solve an HR issue with technology, but I want to make my client happy and this is a technically interesting task!

Thank you for your insight and assistance!

Jason

Saturday, May 26, 2012 2:54 AM

Answers

• That said, is there a way to accomplish what is being asked of me?

Jason

Hi,
    NO, there's no way that you can prevent the owner of the mailbox to access his/her own calendar.

Martina Miskovic

Saturday, May 26, 2012 3:30 AM

All replies

• That said, is there a way to accomplish what is being asked of me?

Jason

Hi,
    NO, there's no way that you can prevent the owner of the mailbox to access his/her own calendar.

Martina Miskovic

Saturday, May 26, 2012 3:30 AM
  • Thank you very much for your reply Martina -- are you quite certain it cannot be done? 

Does anyone disagree or have ideas for creative workarounds to accomplish the task?

Saturday, May 26, 2012 3:27 PM
  • There's a not-so-pretty way to do this.
    You could give this user a second mailbox with the appropriate permissions to the first. You'd have to iron out things like how the user sends mail, contacts, and a few other issues, some of which could be handled with transport rules.

Saturday, May 26, 2012 4:21 PM
  • Thank you very much for your reply Martina -- are you quite certain it cannot be done? 

Yes, I'm 100% sure. It can't be done.

Martina Miskovic

Sunday, May 27, 2012 6:10 AM
  • Hi Jason

Any update on this issue?

Please Mark Martina's Answer if possible and Finish this thread

Cheers

Zi Feng

TechNet Community Support

Monday, May 28, 2012 7:13 AM