none
DPM-Agent operation failed. (ID 370) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi !

I've installed & setup DPM 2010 server  successfully and add 2 clients ( one W7 and one XPSP3 ) without any problems. During the manual installation of the agent on a third PC ( XP ) I got the following error message:

Agent operation failed. (ID 370)

An error occurred when the agent operation attempted to create the DPM Agent Coordinator service on MACHINE1 (ID 347 Details: This action is only valid for products that are currently installed)

any idea what the root cause is and how to solve it ?

brgds

Michael

Thursday, December 9, 2010 3:04 PM

All replies

• can you please verify below on the third PC

1. sc query dpmac. If no service exists please try manually creating a service on the machine with service name as DPMAC.
    2. also go to appwiz.cpl and see if DPM Agent Coordinator is installed on the box.

-- Thanks Chandraneel Chakka[MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Friday, December 10, 2010 5:44 AM
  • Hi !

there is only a file DPMAC.EXE-31E6B611.pf in the windows prefetch folder.

there is no DPM Agent Coordinator installed on the box

brgds

Michael

Friday, December 10, 2010 9:57 AM
  • I am experiencing a simmilar issue. 

this is on a R22008 Ent Domain.  Single domain single forest and one subnet.  I am trying to deploy

1) agents to 4 physical servers and 2 virtual servers.  Physical Servers are R22003X64 and Server

2003 Ent. SP2, R22008 Ent *(2) and 2 R22008 Std. virtual machines. 

2) agents to 12 Desktops mix of XP SP3, Vista x64, 7 x64/32, XPx64 SP2

I attempted the installation methods manuall maping a drive and installing the agent. 

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff399459.aspx

None of the steps worked even though i can -dpmservername

The error on the dpm server console when attempting to automatically is Agent operation faild. (ID370)

I have a downloaded media image from MAPS, from 3 months ago. 

Thanks,

Friday, December 10, 2010 7:22 PM
  • Hi,

Have you tried steps at http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff399459.aspx At what step its failing.

-- Thanks Venkata Praveen[MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Friday, December 31, 2010 6:54 AM
  • Hi Venkata !

I've tried according to your doc above. After I have started the installation with DpmAgentInstaller_86.exe <DPMServerName>, it ends with the following error message in the cmd window: DPMAgentInstaller failed with errorcode =0x80070645, error says: This action is only valid for products that are currently installed.

brgds

michael

Monday, January 10, 2011 12:40 PM
  • Hi Michael,

Seems like problem while querying OS version. Could you please try the following:

1. Open wbemtest from elevated command prompt

2. Connect->Name space:\\URXPMACHINENAME\root\cimv2->Connect

3. Query->Select * from win32_operatingsystem->Apply

4. Double click on the record returned in step 3 and scroll down.

5. Paste the Version Info here.

Are there any eventvwr errors on production server when installation is going on. Please e-mail %windir%\temp\msdpm*.log on XP machine to vborra [at] microsoft [dot] com

-- Thanks Venkata Praveen[MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Tuesday, January 11, 2011 6:47 AM
  • Hi Venkata,

with WBEMTEST the reported version is 5.1.2600

both .LOG files comes via e-mail.....

brgds

michael

Tuesday, January 25, 2011 3:45 PM
  • Hi Michael,

Could you please reinstall MSXML on your production server and try upgrade.

Monday, January 31, 2011 1:34 PM
  • Hi Venkata !

what did you mean with production server ?   the DPM server or the sever on which the DPM client runs ??

brgds

Michael

Friday, February 18, 2011 7:34 AM
  • Server on which the upgrade is failing
    -- Thanks Chandraneel Chakka[MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Friday, February 25, 2011 6:23 AM
  • Please let us know if reinstalling MSXML is resolving issue as I'm having same issue on a couple of 2003 servers.
    Monday, February 28, 2011 5:55 PM
  • Also which version of MSXML is being reinstalled or requested to be reinstalled?
    Monday, February 28, 2011 6:05 PM
  • OK, my fix was

1) go to server where wanting to install agent

2) map to agentinstall directory

3) install either the 32bit version or 64bit version

4) on DPM 2010 attach server

this worked where performing install to server did not work.

Thursday, March 3, 2011 9:41 PM
  • hi David,.....it seems that on newer systems of W7 and XP everything works as expexted. Question how can I see which version of MSXML is installed ??

Michael

Friday, March 4, 2011 11:00 AM