Run as Local Administrator, Forces request of Domain Admin Account RRS feed

• Question

• Here is a very interesting one,

I am running a programme which uses the access runtime to function, this programm runs on a desktop/Laptop. The programme talks over a network through to an SQL server using SQL authentication,

Occasionally this programme needs to be forced to run as administrator,

Now i have the same set-up at two different locations,

On one system using the I run as Administrator using the local admin account works perfectly fine.

On the second system i run as Administrator using the local admin account, but shortly after it forces you to enter details for the Domain Admin Account, Ideally i don't want these details to have to be given out or have to enter them, it should work as the first system does. Using the local and not calling the domain

Can anyone explain why this is and point me to the relevant literature

Thanks

Thursday, October 17, 2013 10:03 AM

Answers

• I have now resolved this by forcing the local admin to occur,

to do this simply force the domain and user account you require to run as on the machine. Look at Microsoft virtual academy for more information

thanks for your repsonse

• Marked as answer by Kensai85 Friday, November 8, 2013 2:42 PM
    Friday, November 8, 2013 2:42 PM

All replies

• Hi! Your question doesn't seem to be related to the Rights Management Services products. I suggest you repost your question on the Windows 7 security forum: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=w7itprosecurity&filter=alltypes&sort=lastpostdesc

Regards,

Enrique

Enrique Saggese - Sr. Program Manager - Information Protection - Microsoft Corporation

Thursday, November 7, 2013 12:16 AM
  • I have now resolved this by forcing the local admin to occur,

to do this simply force the domain and user account you require to run as on the machine. Look at Microsoft virtual academy for more information

thanks for your repsonse

• Marked as answer by Kensai85 Friday, November 8, 2013 2:42 PM
    Friday, November 8, 2013 2:42 PM