SQL Maintenance Tasks for SfB Server RRS feed

• Question

• Does there exist any guidance or set of recommendations for incorporating SQL maintenance tasks for the back end, front end, and edge SQL instances on SfB Server?

In particular, I'd like to understand guidance for using the following SQL maintenance tasks:

- Check Database Integrity

- Reorganize Index

- Rebuild Index

- Update Statistics

Thanks!

Monday, October 9, 2017 5:04 PM

Answers

• Not an official Microsoft one that covers all of that, not beyond what's found here: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg425848%28v=ocs.15%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

I typically still run plans for the integrity checks, watch the transaction logs via backups, etc.  But beyond that I follow the client's internal best practices or our own DBA's if they don't have them.  

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote" on the left side of the response, and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, SWC, their employees, or other MVPs.

Monday, October 9, 2017 5:44 PM