usb problems RRS feed

• Question

• i have tried to backup and restore my files from the hard drive and i have tried and tried to do it, i have plugged in  the device in each of the plugin places trying each one, nothing, it doesn't even acknowledge it and i REALLY need to do this badly but i have too much stuff on here that can't be erased or copied (music mostly in the windows media player) and i tried to do the proper installations and all it gives me is error 646 i have tried everything that comes to my mind and nothing has worked so maybe i'll try someone else's brain!
    Thursday, August 19, 2010 6:12 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Will the USB drive be acknowledged by other computer?

Please go to device manager, expand the Universal Serial Bus controllers, right click on the controller and click "Update device software..."

Also go to the computer manufacture's website and check if there is any firmware update.

In case it is due to conflict with any third party software installed, I suggest prepare clean boot to troubleshoot the issue.

If any error received during the troubleshootings, please post back for further research.

Meanwhile, please refer to http://social.technet.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/itprovistahardware/thread/b6c15e75-957a-401f-aecf-80ddf48c5dbe/ for more information.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Thursday, August 26, 2010 3:31 AM