Printing Word 6.0 document using Word 2003 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We are working on templates that have been created in Word 6.0 and the users using these the templates are using Office 2003. 

Whenever anyone tries to print the template after opening in Office 2003 they get the warning message "The Document being printed contains tracked changes. Continue Printing ?" even though I have disabled the track changes in that template.

Can you help me with resolution of the issue.

However, I am using couple of more Word 6.0 templates and they are not giving any error while printing using Office 2003.

Please Help !!

Regards

Avinash Khushu

Tuesday, December 29, 2015 9:52 AM

Answers

• 1. People should be creating new documents based on the template, not opening it.

2. You, the administrator, should open each template, turn off track changes, and accept all changes. Then save the template.

Charles Kenyon Madison, WI

• Proposed as answer by George123345 Wednesday, December 30, 2015 1:27 AM
    • Marked as answer by George123345 Tuesday, January 5, 2016 6:39 AM
    Wednesday, December 30, 2015 12:44 AM

All replies

• 1. People should be creating new documents based on the template, not opening it.

2. You, the administrator, should open each template, turn off track changes, and accept all changes. Then save the template.

Charles Kenyon Madison, WI

• Proposed as answer by George123345 Wednesday, December 30, 2015 1:27 AM
    • Marked as answer by George123345 Tuesday, January 5, 2016 6:39 AM
    Wednesday, December 30, 2015 12:44 AM
  • The only way to get rid of Track Changes permanently is to accept all of them and then turn off the tracking. See http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/sharing/howtrackchangesworks.html#HowToRemoveTrackedChanges.

However, if you are saying that you just want to suppress the message, clear the option to "Warn before printing, saving or sending a file that contains tracked changes or comments" at Tools | Options | Security.

Stefan Blom, Microsoft Word MVP

Tuesday, January 5, 2016 11:41 AM