Outlook 2016 - Autoarchiving and/or Archiving makes emails disappear...! RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a Vice President that is trying to archive emails, and tried to archive them, but it doesn't make them actually archive, instead they just disappear and do not populate to any archive.pst file I can see on the computer.  Is there something I'm missing or doing wrong?  Or is there a bug in Outlook 2016 with archiving??

Help!!!!

Thursday, August 30, 2018 7:35 PM

All replies

• Hi Stuart,

How did you archive the emails? Via auto-archive or manual archive?

You may check the archive settings and see which one archive option of the two is selected. Also check which PST file is selected for archiving.

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Tuesday, September 4, 2018 6:22 AM
    Friday, August 31, 2018 5:35 AM
  • Hi Stuart,

How is everything going? Feel free to post back if further assistance needed here.

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, September 4, 2018 6:23 AM