none
Can your supress the "Manager" field in the file's Advanced Properties Dialog RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I sort of think it's going to be NO but just in case, can you supress the "Manager" field in the properties dialog that appears from within Project when you go File - Info - Project Information - Advanced Properties? Thanks.

Wednesday, August 5, 2015 1:59 AM

All replies

• Hi,

No you cannot remove this property, unless you do some custom development. Note that the manager is just a property for information and is not part of any Project Server process.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Wednesday, August 5, 2015 8:26 AM
  • Thanks. Yeah, I think given the Office context, it's meant to be the manager of the file author and not the Project Manager. However, of the over 500 projects we have running, a couple of dozen PMs found and started using this field thinking it was the Project Manager, as opposed to the Project Owner, which is the field we are using in reporting to indicate the project manager. The client wanted to know if we could remove this field to avoid ambiguity but now I can at least say I asked.
    I'm currently mitigating with an exception report to show when this field is used.

• Edited by Swanny Too Monday, August 10, 2015 6:18 AM
    Monday, August 10, 2015 6:17 AM
  • Hi,

I understand your concern. But unfortunately I'm not aware of any easy way to prevent users from accessing this advanced properties dialog box. This might be doable with some custom code but you'd rather ask on the Office forum since this is more related to Office applications than Project by itself.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=officeitpro

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Monday, August 10, 2015 7:20 AM