SharePoint 2007 InfoPath Forms Library Item Missing RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We are facing a strange issue. We have created an InfoPath forms library on a SharePoint 2007 server. We have created a custom workflow which triggers on a new item creation on the forms library. The workflow triggers an e-mail which includes the ID of the item and other info. It works fine till this point. The issue is that we do not find this item in the library. This is happening with about 10% of all new item creations. We are not able to understand how the item not exist in the library whereas an e-mail with the details is triggered. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Tuesday, August 13, 2013 12:42 PM

Answers

• Hi dsanjag,

thank you for the reply,

in my opinion, there is another thing that possible beside the currentItem,

for example at one of my case before, the infopath have a document that uploaded, but seems the file is too big or the file is exist or there is a process failure when creating the document, so that eventhough request done, the document that uploaded not in library.

i encourage you to debug the infopath and workflow process as at this point its still have some possibilites regarding the root cause. http://office.microsoft.com/en-in/sharepoint-designer-help/troubleshoot-workflow-errors-HA010237912.aspx#BM49

to debug you may need the tools to do this. if you able to get the debug data, then you can trace, if there is any failure. if should you need support regarding the checking and troubleshoot process, please dont hesitate to contact us: http://support.microsoft.com/contactus/?ws=support&SegNo=2#livehelp_contact

Regards,
    Aries
    Microsoft Online Community Support

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Tuesday, August 20, 2013 9:54 AM

All replies

• Hi dsanjag,

I am trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue.

Thanks,
    Daniel Yang
    Forum Support
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Daniel Yang
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, August 14, 2013 9:04 AM
  • Hi dsanjag,

from the process, i may assume is should be ok because 90% from the process is a success.

but there is 10% of the process that not success, regarding this, is there any error message?

perhaps you can check this article how to troubleshoot infopath issue generally:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg271285(v=office.14).aspx

i strongly suggest that you debug and re-trace the process, is should there is a glitch on the process, then we may know the root cause and reason behind of it.

regarding this issue is it intermittently happened, or this issue can be reproduce easily?

Regards,
    Aries

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, August 14, 2013 9:47 AM
  • Hi Aries,

Thanks for responding to my query. I have gone through the article that you mentioned. The workflow in question runs on a SharePoint 2007 InfoPath Forms Library. I do not have access to any of the tools mentioned except to perform a design check on the InfoPath form. There are no design errors. We are unable to reproduce this issue and it happens randomly. Customers submit their requests through the forms library and recieve e-mail notification of successful request submission. It has become a major issue because the submitter recieves an e-mail whereas the request does not actually exist in the library. Somehow the workflow is able to grab the request but it does not get saved in the library. I believe the CurrentItem that the workflow accesses must already exist in the library. The last two statements contradict each other. Can this be possible? If yes, how can it be rectified? If no, please shed some light on what actually is happening here.

Thanks,

dsanjag

Monday, August 19, 2013 4:37 PM
  • Hi dsanjag,

thank you for the reply,

in my opinion, there is another thing that possible beside the currentItem,

for example at one of my case before, the infopath have a document that uploaded, but seems the file is too big or the file is exist or there is a process failure when creating the document, so that eventhough request done, the document that uploaded not in library.

i encourage you to debug the infopath and workflow process as at this point its still have some possibilites regarding the root cause. http://office.microsoft.com/en-in/sharepoint-designer-help/troubleshoot-workflow-errors-HA010237912.aspx#BM49

to debug you may need the tools to do this. if you able to get the debug data, then you can trace, if there is any failure. if should you need support regarding the checking and troubleshoot process, please dont hesitate to contact us: http://support.microsoft.com/contactus/?ws=support&SegNo=2#livehelp_contact

Regards,
    Aries

Tuesday, August 20, 2013 9:54 AM