I want to be able to remove Lync phone icon as we wont be utilizing this feature [PIC inside] RRS feed

• Question

• Good morning/afternoon/evening Experts,

I have a simple request as to removing the phone icon from within Lync when you hover over a contact in your list. I dont want the end users to be able to see an option for a phone when we decide to roll this into production. Is this even possible? I currently have the topology set to no enterprise voice and for PC to PC voice. I hope there is a way to configure this, thank you for all your help!

-Liqshot

Saturday, November 29, 2014 11:16 PM

Answers

• Hi,

To remove this icon you would need to set the 'telephony type' to 'Audio/Video Disabled' in the properties of the Lync user account. (Either through the Lync control panel or through the management shell under the Set-CsUser sub set)

Doing so would also remove the video icon from the pop out menu, and naturally prevent users from making audio or video calls.

If you're asking if there is a way to remove this icon from the Lync desktop client whilst retaining the PC to PC calling functionality, then I do not think this can be done natively in Lync.

Kind regards
    Ben

Note: If you find a post informative, please mark it so using the arrow to the left. If it answers a question you've asked, please mark the thread as answered to aid others when they're looking for solutions to similar problems or queries.

• Edited by Ben Donaldson Sunday, November 30, 2014 3:47 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Eric_YangK Monday, December 1, 2014 8:26 AM
    • Marked as answer by liqshot Wednesday, December 3, 2014 8:47 PM
    Sunday, November 30, 2014 3:45 PM