SharePoint Database RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I created a column in my Document library by going to Setting>>Create Column.

Now I would like to know where this column and its valued gets stored? I have looked at the SharePoint Database and seen "dbo.AllDoc" this has the name of the doc etc but it doesnt have my new column in the table.

is there a way of finding out how??

Thursday, February 17, 2011 11:37 PM

Answers

• The direct answer toyour question I´ve posted below but it-s very important that you´re aware of the EULA you guys agreed when installing SharePoint.  If you modify in any way the database structure within SharePoint you´ll invalidate your support and licensing agreement.

• Features: Table that holds information about all the activated features for each site collection or site.
      Sites:Table that holds information about all the site collections for this content database.
      Webs: Table that holds information about all the specific sites (webs) in each site collection.
      UserInfo:Table that holds information about all the users for each site collection.
      Groups: Table that holds information about all the SharePoint groups in each site collection.
      Roles:Table that holds information about all the SharePoint roles (permission levels) for each site.
      AllLists:Table that holds information about lists for each site.
      GroupMembership: Table that holds information about all the SharePoint group members.
      AllUserData: Table that holds information about all the list items for each list.
      AllDocs: Table that holds information about all the documents (and all list items) for each document library and list.
      RoleAssignment: Table that holds information about all the users or SharePoint groups that are assigned to roles.
      SchedSubscriptions: Table that holds information about all the scheduled subscriptions (alerts) for each user.
      ImmedSubscriptions: Table that holds information about all the immediate subscriptions (alerts) for each user.

http://www.final-exodus.net
    • Marked as answer by Peng Lei Thursday, February 24, 2011 7:24 AM
    Friday, February 18, 2011 9:45 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Don't worry about how SharePoint Server manage data internally,  it introduced object model to play with site by code.
    w: http://www.worldofsharepoint.com | t: @sharesandip
    Friday, February 18, 2011 6:09 AM
  • The direct answer toyour question I´ve posted below but it-s very important that you´re aware of the EULA you guys agreed when installing SharePoint.  If you modify in any way the database structure within SharePoint you´ll invalidate your support and licensing agreement.

• Features: Table that holds information about all the activated features for each site collection or site.
      Sites:Table that holds information about all the site collections for this content database.
      Webs: Table that holds information about all the specific sites (webs) in each site collection.
      UserInfo:Table that holds information about all the users for each site collection.
      Groups: Table that holds information about all the SharePoint groups in each site collection.
      Roles:Table that holds information about all the SharePoint roles (permission levels) for each site.
      AllLists:Table that holds information about lists for each site.
      GroupMembership: Table that holds information about all the SharePoint group members.
      AllUserData: Table that holds information about all the list items for each list.
      AllDocs: Table that holds information about all the documents (and all list items) for each document library and list.
      RoleAssignment: Table that holds information about all the users or SharePoint groups that are assigned to roles.
      SchedSubscriptions: Table that holds information about all the scheduled subscriptions (alerts) for each user.
      ImmedSubscriptions: Table that holds information about all the immediate subscriptions (alerts) for each user.

http://www.final-exodus.net
    • Marked as answer by Peng Lei Thursday, February 24, 2011 7:24 AM
    Friday, February 18, 2011 9:45 PM
    Answerer