install local configuration store and populates with data from central management store RRS feed

• Question

• dear all

i'm installing microsoft lync server 2010, but i have a matter, when i installed local configuration store and populates with data from central management store (at install and update lync server system ), I couldnt run lync server on domain controller .i want to install lync server 2010 on computer what i promoted to domain controller. somebody help me? thank you very much

this is  my error:

> Bootstrapper

Logging status to: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Temp\1\BootstrapLocalMgmt-[2013_05_13][10_34_38].html
    Checking prerequisites for bootstrapper...
    Checking prerequisite WMIEnabled...prerequisite satisfied.
    Checking prerequisite NoBootstrapperOnBranchOfficeAppliance...prerequisite satisfied.
    Checking prerequisite SupportedOS...prerequisite satisfied.
    Checking prerequisite NoOtherVersionInstalled...prerequisite satisfied.
    Checking prerequisites for roles...
    Checking prerequisite SupportedOS...prerequisite satisfied.
    Checking prerequisite SupportedOSNoDC...missing
    Checking prerequisite NoUnsupportedSqlRtcLocal...prerequisite satisfied.
    Checking prerequisite WMIEnabled...prerequisite satisfied.
    Checking prerequisite NoOtherVersionInstalled...prerequisite satisfied.
    Checking prerequisite PowerShell2...prerequisite satisfied.
    Prerequisite not satisfied: This product cannot be installed on a DC.

Monday, May 13, 2013 3:47 AM

Answers

• Hi

This is by-design as Lync Server is not supported and should not be installed on a domain controller.

You cannot install Lync 2010 on DC. You should Install on other machine this is by Design that is the reason the Prerequisite is failing.

If you are trying to setup a Lab of a thing then you could install SQL Server on the DC and then deploy a single Enterprise Edition Lync Server ( This is for just Test Lab you cannot install this for Production)

Whenever you see a helpful reply, click on Vote As Helpful & click on Mark As Answer if a post answers your question.

• Edited by Raju_raju Monday, May 13, 2013 6:55 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Lisa.zheng Tuesday, May 14, 2013 1:27 AM
    • Marked as answer by Lisa.zheng Sunday, May 26, 2013 12:03 PM
    Monday, May 13, 2013 6:55 AM

All replies

• Hi

This is by-design as Lync Server is not supported and should not be installed on a domain controller.

You cannot install Lync 2010 on DC. You should Install on other machine this is by Design that is the reason the Prerequisite is failing.

If you are trying to setup a Lab of a thing then you could install SQL Server on the DC and then deploy a single Enterprise Edition Lync Server ( This is for just Test Lab you cannot install this for Production)

Whenever you see a helpful reply, click on Vote As Helpful & click on Mark As Answer if a post answers your question.

• Edited by Raju_raju Monday, May 13, 2013 6:55 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Lisa.zheng Tuesday, May 14, 2013 1:27 AM
    • Marked as answer by Lisa.zheng Sunday, May 26, 2013 12:03 PM
    Monday, May 13, 2013 6:55 AM
  • Hi Raju,

I could not find the official word in the documentation that Lync Server doesn't support domain controller?

Thursday, December 12, 2013 11:32 AM
  • Hi Arun,

Yes you might not find any official word on the Documentation. But yes you cannot install Lync on DC it will fail while installing.

But...

There are some articles to install it but you cannot do it on Production machine may be you can use it for only Lab purpose

You can check this if you are installing for Lab Purpose.. This is not Supported by microsoft

http://www.markc.me.uk/MarkC/Blog/Entries/2013/1/7_Lync_2010_on_a_Domain_Controller.html

http://itbasedtelco.wordpress.com/2012/02/04/installing-lync-on-a-domain-controller/

Monday, December 16, 2013 12:05 PM