How do I get the System Center Online Cert for AI 1.5? RRS feed

• Question

• To be eligible for receiving the certificate, you need to have an active SA contract with Microsoft for SCCM 2007. It doesn't matter whether it covers client or server. The fact that you have SA for SCCM qualifies you for this benefit. If you do not have SA, you will not be able to deploy the new AI sync point and will need to continue getting bulk updates.

If you have SA, skip to the next section for more information.

Wednesday, May 28, 2008 7:54 PM

Answers

•  

We have informed our field of the distribution criteria and have setup a special internal SharePoint Site for them. You will need to ping a member of your account team (e.g. TAM or TS) and they will be able to get the certificate and send it to you in mail. If your account team is unaware of this internal site, please have them send mail to the distribution alias called get ai cert. Please note that this secure secure alias automatically rejects all external mail and is for internal use only.

Wednesday, May 28, 2008 7:59 PM
  •  

Also, I know that the fwlink (pointer in the UI for the action of provisioning SC/O)  we currently have in the product is confusing. We are working on changing the pointer to a site that will specifically talk about the Asset Intelligence certificate, vs. the current general purpose System Center Online site.

This change will be made on our end and will require no action from you, our customers.

Wednesday, May 28, 2008 9:36 PM
  •  

If you have an SA (software assurance) contract, you'll need to contact your account representative. It could be the Microsoft person who negotiated that contract with you or the school. If you do not have SA, you do not qualify for this benefit.
    Thursday, May 29, 2008 4:14 PM
  • Hi Panu,

Yes, we will make the certificate available for Microsoft Certified Partners for demo purposes. We will do so with a commitment that they will not redistribute them further. If you qualify, ask your Microsoft contact to ping the alias I listed before and they will be pointed to an internal site that has all the necessary distribution information.

Again, the alias Microsoft people should use is 'Get AI System Center Online Cert'. Feel free to point your contact to it.

Tuesday, June 3, 2008 4:40 PM
  • You can engage CSS and ask for the certificate or any MS contact for that matter. Just have them send mail to 'Get AI System Center Online Cert' and a copy of the cert will be sent to them and then to you. If you don't want to call CSS and don't have any Microsoft contact (e.g. sales), post a follow-up and mail me your e-mail address (snail mail will protect it from spammers).
    Wednesday, September 10, 2008 5:45 PM
  • MDOP is not required. Asset intelligence has nothing to do with MDOP (there are several posts on this topic in this Forum).

I'm not sure why your MS account rep is unable to send a simple request mail to get you the cert... My only advice, if that person is unable to assist you, is to go over their head and ask their manager to submit the request for you.

The internal alias is listed earlier in this thread and response time for incoming request is less than 24 hours.

Monday, September 29, 2008 6:25 PM

All replies

•  

We have informed our field of the distribution criteria and have setup a special internal SharePoint Site for them. You will need to ping a member of your account team (e.g. TAM or TS) and they will be able to get the certificate and send it to you in mail. If your account team is unaware of this internal site, please have them send mail to the distribution alias called get ai cert. Please note that this secure secure alias automatically rejects all external mail and is for internal use only.

Wednesday, May 28, 2008 7:59 PM
  •  

Also, I know that the fwlink (pointer in the UI for the action of provisioning SC/O)  we currently have in the product is confusing. We are working on changing the pointer to a site that will specifically talk about the Asset Intelligence certificate, vs. the current general purpose System Center Online site.

This change will be made on our end and will require no action from you, our customers.

Wednesday, May 28, 2008 9:36 PM
  • What if I don't have a TAM? I am an Academic customer. How do I get the cert?

Thursday, May 29, 2008 3:10 PM
  •  

If you have an SA (software assurance) contract, you'll need to contact your account representative. It could be the Microsoft person who negotiated that contract with you or the school. If you do not have SA, you do not qualify for this benefit.
    Thursday, May 29, 2008 4:14 PM
  • Do you know if System Center Online certs would be available to companies which are Microsoft Partners?

Tuesday, June 3, 2008 4:08 PM
  • Hi Panu,

Yes, we will make the certificate available for Microsoft Certified Partners for demo purposes. We will do so with a commitment that they will not redistribute them further. If you qualify, ask your Microsoft contact to ping the alias I listed before and they will be pointed to an internal site that has all the necessary distribution information.

Again, the alias Microsoft people should use is 'Get AI System Center Online Cert'. Feel free to point your contact to it.

Tuesday, June 3, 2008 4:40 PM
  • What else can I do to get this certificate.  My company has an SA but no TAM and we have already purchased our MDOP licenses from our VAR.  I  have pointed our VAR to this link but it seems like they are having problems getting us the cerficate.  Help Please I want to use this feature.

Wednesday, September 10, 2008 3:39 PM
  • You can engage CSS and ask for the certificate or any MS contact for that matter. Just have them send mail to 'Get AI System Center Online Cert' and a copy of the cert will be sent to them and then to you. If you don't want to call CSS and don't have any Microsoft contact (e.g. sales), post a follow-up and mail me your e-mail address (snail mail will protect it from spammers).
    Wednesday, September 10, 2008 5:45 PM
  • We have SA, but our account rep can't get us the certificate or tell us if Desktop Optimizaton pack is required.  We have even sent him a link to this thread.  Is MDOP required or not?

Monday, September 29, 2008 6:02 PM
  • MDOP is not required. Asset intelligence has nothing to do with MDOP (there are several posts on this topic in this Forum).

I'm not sure why your MS account rep is unable to send a simple request mail to get you the cert... My only advice, if that person is unable to assist you, is to go over their head and ask their manager to submit the request for you.

The internal alias is listed earlier in this thread and response time for incoming request is less than 24 hours.

Monday, September 29, 2008 6:25 PM

• Seems over a year on and no one has updated the link to something that makes sense or fits the documentation.  It is still totally wrong and interestingly clients need to rely on year old discussion groups to find the answer.

I've sent the request through our internal people to MS so it will be interesting to see how the process goes.

I would think for those asking you need to use whatever MS contact you have and if you have none then ring the generic numbers and start talking.  If the documents are incorrect internal MS people may also have issues understanding what is going on.  I'd add

How to Connect to System Center Online
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc161892.aspx
      Which is over a year wrong and known to be wrong all that time as shown here (oh for a dime for the incorrect MS helpfiles that are known about but left incorrect)

And most definately the internal group Dan mentions.
      'Get AI System Center Online Cert'

Some of the other questions where answered in existing discussions above.

IronPaw
    Tuesday, July 7, 2009 1:05 AM
  • Hi Dan, please send me the certificate.

Thanks

Carlos Andres Valencia (MCSE)
    Wednesday, March 2, 2011 4:46 PM
  • The certificate is no longer required as of SP2.
    Jason | http://myitforum.com/cs2/blogs/jsandys | http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/jsandys/default.aspx | Twitter @JasonSandys
    • Proposed as answer by Tom Watson Friday, March 4, 2011 3:21 PM
    Wednesday, March 2, 2011 7:35 PM
  • Hi Jason,

It's no longer required, but is still available as an option - is there any benefit/extra features in providing the certificate?

Thanks

William Eriepa | New Zealand
    Wednesday, April 13, 2011 3:59 AM
  • No, there are no benefits to using it.
    Jason | http://myitforum.com/cs2/blogs/jsandys | Twitter @JasonSandys
    • Proposed as answer by Will Eriepa Wednesday, April 13, 2011 8:19 PM
    Wednesday, April 13, 2011 3:42 PM