Search for colleagues on function does not work in Skype for Business App on phone RRS feed

• Question

• When looking up colleagues on their function, or on location, this works in skype for business on my work-laptop. 

But when logged in with my work email adress on the skype for business on my android phone, I cannot lookup my colleagues on their function or location. When I lookup an colleague by name, and select this collegue, I do see his or her function. So the app does collect the function of the collegue, but you cannot search on function. 

Is this something that is incorrect at my work, or does everybody have this behaviour when searching on function ?

we have Skype for business in the cloud

also tested on Iphone, and same result

Thursday, December 22, 2016 2:07 PM

All replies

• Hi Rebort,

Welcome to our forum.

Could you please give us more information about “search on function” ? If possible, please try to provide a screenshot for us.
    Did the issue appeared on all mobile devices in your environment ?

For this issue, you could try to reinstall the SFB client on your mobile device with the latest update and test again.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 23, 2016 2:12 AM
  • Apparently I am not authorised to upload images on this forum...  

i reenstalled the app, same behaviour. 

My collegues have the same issue on phones, i will check later tonight on other devices. 

Search for 'gastvrouw' (Dutch for hostes/ reception) gives results in the Skype for business on my laptop, but not in the app (where i am logged on with my work email). 

Tuesday, December 27, 2016 12:36 PM

• Hi Robert,

Thanks for your response.

Did you mean you can’t search in SFB mobile app with Dutch?

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 30, 2016 8:22 AM
  • Hi Robert, 

As i Understand you are trying to search contacts with their location  or the function they are part of like ( Reception, Sales etc) and they only show up in the laptop client; Search method is same as you are with SFB online, suspect this could be a device related issue , try to reinstall the app  and check on other devices as well. 

Linus || Please mark posts as answers/helpful if it answers your question.

Tuesday, January 3, 2017 4:40 AM
  • Reinstalled twice, tested on Iphones and Ipads as well. same results. 

@Linus, so you're absolutely sure that searching contacts with their location or the function they are part of should work in the app?

That the app is not an light version of the one installed on our PC's/ Laptops? 

Monday, January 9, 2017 8:08 AM