Unable to Load Windows 7 after a power failure RRS feed

• Question

• My windows 7 workstation was in a sleep mode when a power failure happened. after trying to power up the machine it tries to resume windows session but stucks after displaying an error unable to find saved session. it gives an option to either delete saved session and boot or locate the session, but none of the periferal devices are responding, so I am unable to select either option.

I have a standard 102 logitech keyboard connected to that workstation. it works wen I select to enter a bios on the start up, but does not respond to any other prompts.

Any advice?

Friday, October 31, 2014 3:52 PM

Answers

• Have you tried booting the computer in safe mode? Depending on your model, repeadely press F10 or F8 at startup. 

Don't forget to mark the post that solved your issue as "Answered." By marking the Answer you are enabling users with similar issues to find what helped you. Lewis Renwick - IT Professional

• Proposed as answer by arnavsharma Wednesday, November 5, 2014 5:47 AM
    • Marked as answer by arnavsharma Thursday, November 6, 2014 11:35 PM
    Friday, October 31, 2014 3:59 PM
  • In addition, try to boot into safe mode and check the results.

Arnav Sharma | http://arnavsharma.net/ Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Saturday, November 1, 2014 8:34 AM

All replies

• Have you tried booting the computer in safe mode? Depending on your model, repeadely press F10 or F8 at startup. 

Don't forget to mark the post that solved your issue as "Answered." By marking the Answer you are enabling users with similar issues to find what helped you. Lewis Renwick - IT Professional

Friday, October 31, 2014 3:59 PM
  • In addition, try to boot into safe mode and check the results.

Arnav Sharma | http://arnavsharma.net/ Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Saturday, November 1, 2014 8:34 AM