WS-Management doesn't exist on the Service List RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I'm having the next problem on a Windows 10 Pro PC: I was trying to execute the winrm qc command, and I get the 0x80070005 error Access is denied. When I went to Services to check the WS-Management status, I discover that doesn't exist, is not listed and I can't star it o stop it, nothing. I know that reinstalling the OS will solve the problem, but please I want to know if there is an alternative solution for this. Thank You!
    Thursday, December 28, 2017 5:01 PM

Answers

• Hello,

WinRM is automatically installed with all currently-supported versions of the Windows operating system.

The WS-Management service is displayed as Windows Remote Management under Services.msc. 

You may try to run CMD as administrator and then run winrm qc command.

Regards,

Yan Li

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 29, 2017 5:44 AM

All replies

• Hello,

WinRM is automatically installed with all currently-supported versions of the Windows operating system.

The WS-Management service is displayed as Windows Remote Management under Services.msc. 

You may try to run CMD as administrator and then run winrm qc command.

Regards,

Yan Li

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 29, 2017 5:44 AM
  • Hello Yan, thank you for replying. I already tried that, the service is not there, anywhere, when I execute net start winrm on the CMD I get Access Denied, same with winrm qc in both cmd and powershell, and WS-Management is not listed under Services.msc , I know that service is supposed to be installed with the OS, that's why I'm making this consult to the technet forum. Regards
    Wednesday, January 3, 2018 4:58 PM