none
Unlicensed Word and Product Key RRS feed

• Question

•  I got my laptop from a store, near by there was another shop where my basic apps had been installed like MS office, Adobe etc. But now I cannot edit my Word documents. It is displayed that I have an unlicensed version. But I paid to the shop for my installation. Also I have my product key which I activated in my computer settings. But the same product key is not applicable to my MS Office 2013. Also I don't know which email id has been registered.

Kindly please help me to troubleshoot my issues.

Tuesday, July 16, 2019 7:04 PM

All replies

• Hi,

There are a few questions about your problem:

1. Have you checked that Office was activated before?
    2. Is the product key used to activate the Office 2013?
    3. The Email ID that you said has been registered is for binding key for Office activation or for other function?

It is recommended that you can find the shop that you have paid for the installation of apps to check if they activated Office at that time, and if the product key is  for your Office 2013. Also, you can ask if they used a mail ID to registration.

Also, you can check if the product key is valid by connecting Microsoft customize service. You can   open the website and find the telephone number of your region.             

https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg/help/4051701/global-customer-service-phone-numbers

Please feel free to post back if you need further assistance on this issue.

Regards,

Emi Zhang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Wednesday, July 17, 2019 7:49 AM
  • Hi, 

Just checking in to see if the information was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Regards,

Emi Zhang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Wednesday, July 24, 2019 9:19 AM
  •  I got my laptop from a store, near by there was another shop where my basic apps had been installed like MS office, Adobe etc. But now I cannot edit my Word documents. It is displayed that I have an unlicensed version. But I paid to the shop for my installation. Also I have my product key which I activated in my computer settings. But the same product key is not applicable to my MS Office 2013. Also I don't know which email id has been registered.

Kindly please help me to troubleshoot my issues.

Whoever did the installation, should know(unless he/she skipped that step) the email ID used to associate your software with a Microsoft account.

The Office 2013 should come in a retail box with Certificate of Authenticity (see image below) attached inside the box.

CoA

Otherwise, confirm from the shop, if it's a digital download from an online vendor. You can verify the PK using Microsoft PID Checker.

Microsoft PID Checker can validate Microsoft Product Keys from Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, Visual Studio and much more. If the key is not legit or is invalid, the software will give you a response back.

Once you confirm the key is valid, then see if this Office activation issues troubleshooter can resolve your issue.

Obinna C. Onwusobalu ~ MCSA MCTS MCITP ~ windowshelper.home.blog

Wednesday, September 4, 2019 11:34 PM