none
Passing Parameter to Reporting Action RRS feed

• Question

• We just started using PPS 2010. So bear with us. Any advice would be appreciated.

We built a simple dashboard with several charts, based on a cube. Is there a way to pass dashboard parameters to cube's Reporting Action? I wasn't able to find any related examples here on the forum. Please let me know.

Thursday, December 9, 2010 12:01 AM

Answers

• You can pass values from the Analytical Report that you are working with, so as long as item is available in the dashboard report you can pass that information to the report when it gets launched.

Here is an example that you can reference - http://bennyaustin.wordpress.com/2009/07/19/reporting-action/.  Don't forget to enclose your parameters in the UrlEscapeFragment() when configuring them in the cube.  There realy is no debugging support either with the Report Action that you configure in the cube.

Dan English's BI Blog
    Friday, December 10, 2010 12:49 PM

All replies

• You can pass values from the Analytical Report that you are working with, so as long as item is available in the dashboard report you can pass that information to the report when it gets launched.

Here is an example that you can reference - http://bennyaustin.wordpress.com/2009/07/19/reporting-action/.  Don't forget to enclose your parameters in the UrlEscapeFragment() when configuring them in the cube.  There realy is no debugging support either with the Report Action that you configure in the cube.

Dan English's BI Blog
    Friday, December 10, 2010 12:49 PM
  • Thanks Dan!

Nice to know that somebody was attempting to do the same thing. I will need to translate Benny's example to work with multiple parameter values. I'll keep you posted.

Friday, December 10, 2010 7:07 PM
  • Hi svaschenko,

I am trying to attempt this same thing did you get yours working? if so how did you do this?

Thanks

Monday, March 7, 2011 7:07 PM