When will windows 7 professional be deployable and compatible with my sbs2003 std domain setup? RRS feed

• Question

• I have 3 out of 25 with Win7 Pro, the remaining still on XP/SP3. Simple things like off-line replication don't work, or accessing files from network slow and faulty, can't send faxes via the sbs2003 fax server.

It's all Microsoft, no third party software, it should all work. 

I'm not throwing out an entire domain of hardware and software after spending thousands building it, just to accomodate windows 7. it ain't all that wunderbar, or not any better than xp when it comes down to basic business purpose.

If MS wants to upgrade my server software for free, and all related equipment that becomes obsolete or disfunctional with the 'new' packaged software, maybe it will work, but that's not why i'm here.

Thursday, September 29, 2011 9:21 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Please make sure that all the updates for the SBS 2003 are installed, especially the update KB 926505.

Also, as this issue is related with the SBS 2003, it is recommended to submit a new question on Windows Small Business Server Forum for discussion.

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Sabrina

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contact  tnmff@microsoft.com.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights. |Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Wednesday, October 5, 2011 7:39 AM
    Friday, September 30, 2011 5:11 AM