wireless card missing RRS feed

• Question

• I restored my Dell Inspiron 640m to factory settings and now my Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-Card hardware is missing. I thought it was just the driver but when I tried to install the driver, I got a message that it couldn't install because the hardware was missing.  How do I get this hardward back? It came on the computer and was working before I did the reset.
    Wednesday, February 8, 2012 10:50 PM

Answers

• It appears you have a HARDWARE problem.  Possibly the wireless card has died.

You should go to the Dell Community forums for assistance with your HARDWARE problem:

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/default.aspx

Windows XP will recognize the wireless card once you resolve the hardware problem.

Until then there is nothing you can do in windows XP to force it to see the wireless card.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

• Marked as answer by kb03 Thursday, February 9, 2012 8:50 PM
    Thursday, February 9, 2012 7:18 PM

All replies

• Try to unplug the wireless card and plug the same. The card should be in rear panel

Thanks, Venkatesh. "Hardwork Never Fails"

Thursday, February 9, 2012 5:30 AM
  • resetting the wireless card didn't work

Kathy Banta

Thursday, February 9, 2012 7:00 PM
  • It appears you have a HARDWARE problem.  Possibly the wireless card has died.

You should go to the Dell Community forums for assistance with your HARDWARE problem:

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/default.aspx

Windows XP will recognize the wireless card once you resolve the hardware problem.

Until then there is nothing you can do in windows XP to force it to see the wireless card.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

• Marked as answer by kb03 Thursday, February 9, 2012 8:50 PM
    Thursday, February 9, 2012 7:18 PM
  • That was pretty much my conclusion.  Thanks for your help.

Kathy Banta

Thursday, February 9, 2012 8:49 PM