PC won't recover from sleep mode instead will turm off. Win 7, 64-bits RRS feed

• Question

• My PC goes to sleep/awake normally using KB or mouse if I do so anytime around 20 to 30 minutes or so.  After waiting a longer period of time it won’t recover from the sleep mode, instead the PC makes intent to come on for a fraction of a second then turn off completely.  Running Win 7 and it is up to date; I have no problems using any other program.  Any help will be appreciated.

• Moved by Carey FrischMVP Wednesday, March 27, 2013 1:25 AM Relocate
    • Edited by fgsafety Wednesday, March 27, 2013 2:42 PM
    Tuesday, March 26, 2013 10:19 PM

Answers

• A: 

This is just to pass on some information to who may be interested.  I believe I have found a solution to my problem.  I continue checking the computer hoping to find the cause of the problem.  During some of these checks I noticed that the DRAM-LED near the MemOK switch on the MB stayed ON soon after the PC shuts down.  Although, this may imply that I may have a memory compatibility issue I know for a fact that’s not the case; but it may also imply that some DIMM or all of it may be improperly installed.  So I decided to remove every DIMM modules, blow some compressed air, reinstall every single module assuring that are properly installed and performed a MemOK check.  The last check I did was to try out to see if the PC will comes out of the sleep mode without shutting down, it did not it worked as advertised.  I set the PC to sleep overnight and as of this moment I haven’t had any more problems, the PC comes out the sleep mode using the mouse or the KB without any hesitations.

I thank everyone who may wanted to help.

FG

• Marked as answer by fgsafety Wednesday, March 27, 2013 2:42 PM
    Wednesday, March 27, 2013 2:42 PM

All replies

• A: 

This is just to pass on some information to who may be interested.  I believe I have found a solution to my problem.  I continue checking the computer hoping to find the cause of the problem.  During some of these checks I noticed that the DRAM-LED near the MemOK switch on the MB stayed ON soon after the PC shuts down.  Although, this may imply that I may have a memory compatibility issue I know for a fact that’s not the case; but it may also imply that some DIMM or all of it may be improperly installed.  So I decided to remove every DIMM modules, blow some compressed air, reinstall every single module assuring that are properly installed and performed a MemOK check.  The last check I did was to try out to see if the PC will comes out of the sleep mode without shutting down, it did not it worked as advertised.  I set the PC to sleep overnight and as of this moment I haven’t had any more problems, the PC comes out the sleep mode using the mouse or the KB without any hesitations.

I thank everyone who may wanted to help.

FG

• Marked as answer by fgsafety Wednesday, March 27, 2013 2:42 PM
    Wednesday, March 27, 2013 2:42 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for sharing. We really appreciate your time and efforts. Hope your experience will help other community members facing similar problems.

Regards,

Vincent Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, March 28, 2013 6:30 AM