Installation issue | Rebooting frequently | Battery low RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to install Windows 10 preview build first time. I started installation meanwhile phone shutdown. I noticed that batter low. Again plugged in charger. This time am facing issue like first showing batter charging, then navigating to installation screen, again restarting and back to batter low again restarting. Kindly suggest.

Thanks,

Divakar.

• Moved by Karen Hu Friday, July 10, 2015 8:07 AM
    Thursday, July 9, 2015 11:12 PM

All replies

• Which model are you using?

You'll need to use the Windows Phone Recovery Tool. This is the only way to opt out of Insider Preview—uninstalling the Windows Insider app alone will not restore your phone to a previous version of Windows Phone.

S.Sengupta, Windows Experience MVP

Thursday, July 9, 2015 11:28 PM
  • Lumia 620. To install recovery tool I didn't have that option. I stuck at the installation only. I am able see that installation wheels with progress bar, and then battery low symbol even I connected the charger. 
    Thursday, July 9, 2015 11:34 PM
  • Nope.

You need to install Windows Phone Recovery Tool on your computer. Start Windows Phone Recovery Tool, and connect your phone to your computer with a compatible USB cable, when the message appears “connect your phone” and chose your phone and go to next screen. Follow on screen instructions, The latest version of Windows 8.1 software and firmware will be installed, and your phone will restored back to the factory settings.

S.Sengupta, Windows Experience MVP

• Proposed as answer by Roger Lu Monday, July 13, 2015 6:07 AM
    Thursday, July 9, 2015 11:44 PM
  • Hi,

It is not recommended under normal situation for your device to be charged while it is using/running.
    But this may be a special case, so try to install Windows 10 with your battery charging.

Regards,
    Friday, July 10, 2015 6:53 AM