none
Power Users Install Font and Task Manager RRS feed

• Question

• Good morning, 

I should make a couple of changes to the permissions of the power user group. 

I premise that I am configuring domain PCs, with reduced permissions, so that they cannot install new software or modify the network card.

Having said that, I need the power user group to be able to do two things without entering the administrator user.
    1) Install Font
    2) Access the Task Manager to close blocked programs

I have read a lot of pages, but I have not been able to find any solution, especially for the second question! It's better if you could manage to make a policy, so you can distribute it more quickly.

You would be very kind if you would give me two straight tips on how to solve these problems.

Thank you
    Thursday, January 11, 2018 10:34 AM

All replies

• Since Windows 7, members of Power User group have no more user rights or permissions than a standard user account.

For question 1, try to change NTFS permissions on Fonts Folder and give Modify or Full permissions to users, then see if it works, you could follow the article as below to do it:

Allowing Non-Admin Users To Install Fonts in Windows 7

http://tompopov.blogspot.sg/2011/05/allowing-non-admin-users-to-install.html

For question 2, cannot do it, Power User can only close those tasks which running under current account, have no access to blocked tasks.

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, January 12, 2018 2:38 AM

• Would you mind letting me know the update of the problem? If you need further assistance, feel free to let me know.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 22, 2018 8:34 AM