Dual Booting 2x Windows 7 Install, 2x Partitions, Each on Different LAN RRS feed

• Question

• Some of my plan is not directly SCCM related, but i though this the best forum to post in to start with to see if any of the steps we have planned outside of OSD can actually be automated and incorporated.

The plan is to have some machines with two NICs connected to two different LANs for two different organisations.  One NIC will be disabled in device manager in each of the OS installs, so that only one network is available.  Port locking will be enabled on each switch (note: we understand that this is not a highly secure setup, but the users will be ICT technicians and trusted to use them within guidelines).

Using the OSD Task Sequence; create two partitions, install Windows 7 on one partition (which will be 51% of the drive size, so that i can be assured of where the temp files will be saved - the largest partition available).

After TS has run through the usual stuff, software etc., it will then copy a precreated/sysprep'd VHD to the D: partition, then add that using diskpart and then run commands to add the VHD into the bcd boot manager.

I am happy with diskpart, not so confident with bcdedit - however Jorgen Nillson's page here should hopefully have everythingf we need for the above plan http://ccmexec.com/2010/07/deploying-a-second-os-using-sccm-2007/

Can anyone spot if i have missed anything?

Friday, February 24, 2012 9:52 AM