none
Touch screen not detected as a touch device.

Question

• I have a kiosk on which I've just installed 8.1 pro. It has an oem touch screen manufactured by General touch (p/n st6001u). I've installed the driver and it seems to work but Windows still says "no pen or touch available". My customers using the kiosk will need to type on screen in addition to just clicking. Is there any way to for the OS into touch mode? I believe under 7 there was an option in Windows features but I can't seem to find anything on 8. Google has been no help.

Any ideas?

Tuesday, November 17, 2015 10:20 PM

Answers

• Thanks for the advice. Windows sees it, and it works, as a HID input device but it is not declared a touch interface. The panel is a surface acoustic wave so that may be the issue there. Also the manufacturer hasn't updated their drivers in four years.

I've decided to fallback to Win 7 as I've got to get this into service. It may not be as touch friendly but I can at least force the tablet features.

Thanks for your help.

Wednesday, November 18, 2015 8:55 PM

All replies

• Hi,

According to your description, I understand that touch screen cannot recognized by Windows 8.1
    If I misunderstand your concern, pleas fell free to let me know.

How about uninstall this driver in Device Management, then restart Windows to install driver?

If it not work, please download driver from manufacture's web site for testing. If it persists, please help collect setupact.txt and setuperr.txt in C:\windows for analysis.

Moreover, it's better to have your pc model for further troubleshooting.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Allen Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, November 18, 2015 9:50 AM
  • Thanks for the advice. Windows sees it, and it works, as a HID input device but it is not declared a touch interface. The panel is a surface acoustic wave so that may be the issue there. Also the manufacturer hasn't updated their drivers in four years.

I've decided to fallback to Win 7 as I've got to get this into service. It may not be as touch friendly but I can at least force the tablet features.

Thanks for your help.

Wednesday, November 18, 2015 8:55 PM
  • Hi,

Thank you for your cooperation. Since the updates not up to date, it might be not support Windows 8.1.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Allen Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, November 19, 2015 1:55 AM