How to hide DeskTop until Start Menu( Application) is up and running so user can not get to Desk Top? RRS feed

• Question

• I have an control application that runs on a XP embeded Touch Screen. I need a way of limiting the operators use of the touch screen to the control program only. I need to hide the DeskTop at start Up until the Application is up and running but can still be accessed after Administrator logout of Application. I had done this once before with information received for youtube but I'm unable to find it again. I had changed something in regedit. Can anyone help me with the info I need?   Thanks, DcahillToo
    • Moved by Sean Jenkin Tuesday, August 9, 2011 7:05 PM (From:MSDN, TechNet, and Expression Profile and Recognition System Discussions)
    Tuesday, August 9, 2011 6:54 PM

All replies

• You could always change the Explorer shell to point to your application through local policy.  That way the user can ONLY access your application and nothing else.  The following site shows an example of how to do this, but with Internet Explorer instead.  Use that example and point it to your application.

http://thelazyadmin.com/blogs/thelazyadmin/archive/2005/11/04/Internet-Explorer-Kiosk.aspx

If you found this post helpful, please give it a "Helpful" vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an "Answer".

Rich Prescott | MCITP, MCTS, MCP

Blog | Twitter: @Arposh | Powershell Client System Administration tool
    Wednesday, August 10, 2011 2:28 AM