none
Exchange 2007 Unified Messaging - AutoAttendant - Confirmation Required Please RRS feed

• Question

• A client has an Exchange 2007 UM deployment (no OCS or Lync deployed)

The want to configure AA's and enable callers to enter the extension number (if they know it) at any time without having to prefix it with the # key. However they do not want to speech-enable the auto attendants.

Now from everything I have read this appears to be impossible. As I understand it if they are speech enabled you can just enter the extension number you want, but if they are not you have to enter the # key first before you enter the number. Is that correct?

If so, is the functionality exactly the same in Exchange 2010?

Thank you

Wednesday, December 7, 2011 3:21 PM

Answers

• Yes you are right. If the AA is speech enabled you can dial the extension directly. If the AA is not speech enabled, you need to press # twice to dial the extension.

This holds true for Exchange 2010 too.

• Marked as answer by AE1971 Friday, December 9, 2011 3:30 PM
    Friday, December 9, 2011 6:35 AM

All replies

• Yes you are right. If the AA is speech enabled you can dial the extension directly. If the AA is not speech enabled, you need to press # twice to dial the extension.

This holds true for Exchange 2010 too.

• Marked as answer by AE1971 Friday, December 9, 2011 3:30 PM
    Friday, December 9, 2011 6:35 AM
  • Thank you
    Friday, December 9, 2011 3:30 PM
  • Hi Jimmy,

I have exchange 2007 Sp2 .Even with speech enabled i am not able to dial the extension directly.Any pointers?Instead it just keeps on repeating i could understand and then it routes to the operator.

Rgds

Donald Ambrose

Monday, March 12, 2012 11:31 AM