none
Bluetooth headphones unable to connect RRS feed

• Question

• Dell XPS15 with Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4 Blueooth 4.1 drivers. When I first got the laptop a few months ago, Bluetooth worked fine. Could connect headphones with no problems. Recently the Bluetooth just disappeared entirely from the system. A few restarts later it returned, and while it remembers all of the devices it was paired with, it cannot connect to them. 

I have reinstalled the drivers from scratch. I have updated Windows. I have disabled the Wi-Fi connection, uninstalled, restarted, then reinstalled. I have ensured that the option to connect new devices is enabled in the Bluetooth settings. I have ensured that the Bluetooth services are set to start automatically (and restarted several times) in Services. I also uninstalled/reinstalled all of the HIDs. Nothing works. When I try to pair and connect the Bluetooth headphones Windows sees them but when I attempt to connect it is unable to.

What gives? I see many, many, many people having the same exact problem. Can someone please work on fixing whatever the error is that's causing SO MANY Bluetooth problems with the latest Windows updates? It's a bit ridiculous that this laptop is brand new and is completely up to date in every single respect but cannot simply connect to some Bluetooth headphones!

Friday, June 16, 2017 2:43 PM

All replies

• Hi ,

Open Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot > Bluetooth > Run the troubleshooter
    Make sure to download and install the latest Bluetooth driver from the website of the manufacturer.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 19, 2017 5:48 AM