conexant high definition audio-microphone windows vista problem RRS feed

• Question

• I have a gateway laptop with vista home premium service pack 2, 64-bit operating system on it.

for a while, the conexant high definition audio-microphone for my built in webcam worked, until earlier this year. I fiddled with the settings and managed to get it to work, but it went back to not working again soon after and I couldn't fix it this time. Is there anything I can download from windows or gateway that will fix the problem?

I tried rolling back the drivers, but that option was dimmed. The drivers are from august 2008. So I updated them to the ones for september 2008 and it still doesn't work.

Monday, April 26, 2010 5:37 AM

All replies

• you have to go under audio enhancements.  you right click on the speaker in the bottom right of your screen.  then left click on recording devices, then left click on properties, go to advanced and unclick audio enhancements.  It puts it in Karaoke mode and this causes the microphone to not recognize voices.  It worked for me hope it works for you.  that idea came from HP on their website in the help and support.
    Thursday, May 20, 2010 11:07 PM