OCS call transfers to external party RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi All,

We have small issue with transferring call's to external party via communciator (MOC).  Whenever we try and transfer the call we recieve error in MOC of 492, the call can't be placed on hold.  We have fully enterprise voice setup with Mitel ICP v9.0 and OCS Edge services.  Packet traces show attempt to SIP re-invite the call to ocs-edge server.  See below

Status-Line: SIP/2.0 491 Gateway side reinvite failed, pass result to Proxy.

ms-diagnostics: 1011;reason="Ms-Diagnostics header not provided by previous hop";source="MY-OCS Server";Domain="MYDOMAIN";PeerServer="ocs-mediationSERVER"

The external parties phone will ring but the call from MOC will not be connected.

Any help on this issue would be appreicated.

• Moved by Matt Sousa - MSFT Thursday, December 17, 2009 6:58 PM forum migration (From:Telephony)
    Monday, November 24, 2008 2:57 PM

All replies

• Aaron,

Do you mean transferring through Mediation back to the Mitel? I am looking at a mysterious SIP491 issue myself.
    Let me know a bit more of the scenario.
    If it is Mediation, I would trace the Mediation-Mitel link and be sure you are getting a response from the Mitel (or gateway) after Mediation sends a 'sendonly' SDP packet. I know that sometimes gateways (pbx's) may not send that RTCP response.

Jim
    Jim Raymond - DynTek
    Friday, May 1, 2009 5:10 AM
  • I'm with you on this Jim. Aaron, I don't think outbound calls should be routed towards the Edge server; that's not it's role.

Your outbound call should be configured to route (via dial plan/normalization) out to your mediation server which should have a next hop pointed to your Mitel.

Let us know if you just used the wrong terminology.

--Matt
    Friday, May 1, 2009 8:33 PM
  • Hi Everyone,
    I have the same problem. Did some tracing and found (in my case) that it only happens on inbound calls. The scenario is that Party A (external caller) calls Party B (MOC) and then Pary B transfers the call to Party C (external number). The trace revealed that a SIP invite is extended to party C from Party A. I have discussed this with the service provider and they tell me this is not permitted...
    Apparently only SIP invites with FROM: SIP:<internal no.\user>@<Mediation Server IP Address\Name> is permitted.
    What I see in the trace of the transfer invite is FROM: SIP:<Party A>@<ITSP IP Address>

This hardly means that I know how to resolve this issue though.

Your thoughts.

Paul
    Tuesday, May 5, 2009 9:37 PM
  • Hi

Thanks for the replies, I have finally got Mitel investigating this issue, I have carried out further traces from Mitel-OCS-mediation, and the traces do not show the HOLD status.  Strangely enough you can place calls on hold from MOC-Mitel desk phone.  It's only when SIP trunk is involved that there is issues with placing calls on HOLD.

aaronv
    Tuesday, July 14, 2009 2:40 PM
  • Hi All,

Just to finish off this applying lastest OCS patch to Communciator server resolves the above issue.

aaronv
    Thursday, December 10, 2009 10:50 AM