My Windows 7 Wont Save The Resolution Of 2nd Monitor.. RRS feed

• Question

• So yeah yesterday i boought my second monitor , and it showed my nice resolution, but when i restarted the pc it showed a bad one.

But it was set to monitors max resolution. Coud a windows lie about the resolution max (1680 x 1050)

After some time i found a solution , pluging it off pc and power it fixes it but its getting anoying after some time so can i have any other solution.

Sunday, April 16, 2017 5:35 AM

All replies

• Hi NamelessLT,

Could you provide information about (physical) max resolution of each monitor, and about DPI of your Windows 7 (100%=96 DPI, 125%=120 DPI)?
    Sunday, April 16, 2017 11:47 PM
  • Hi NamelessLT,

According to your description, we could uninstall the video driver and reinstall it from manufacturer’s official website. Please refer to the link below to get more information.

https://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/69168-wont-detect-2nd-monitor.html

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Also there are HDMI to DVI cables and adapters available that may help you identify the issue.

Hope it will be helpful to you

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 17, 2017 8:24 AM