none
UAG DirectAccess sopped working after SP1 Update 1 installation RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

After installing UAG SP1 Update 1, our 2 node UAG array became unavailable to DA clients. I followed the instructions here http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh490320.aspx and no errors were reported (except the expected ones mentioned in the document) so I assume that update and activiation was succesfull.

How it looked on  the client side:
    Executing ipconfig showed that 6to4 and Teredo interfaces were up and assigned IP addresses. WF Monitor also showed 2 main mode connections, but no active session on the UAG Direct access server.

After reverting back to the situation before upgrade, the situation came back to normal immediately.

Some more information about UAG servers:

• 2 virtualized nodes on VMWare (on the same host)
    • NLB is in Unicast mode
    • ISATAP name resolution is deployed through GP to only few computers (Computer configuration / Policies / Administrative templates / Network / TCPIP Settings / IPv6 Transition Technologies)

Kind regards, Grega

Grega
    Wednesday, January 25, 2012 1:13 PM

All replies

• Hi Grega,

Please check the Device Manager, show hidden devices and under the Network adapters, do you have multiple 6to4 adapters on just one ? THis might be a problem of missing/unusable interfaces on the DA server.

THanks

Tuesday, February 7, 2012 7:00 PM
  • Hello Ahmed

Thanks for your reply.

Bellow is a print screen from servers (the situation is the same on both). I assume that it should be ok?

Grega

Grega

Tuesday, February 7, 2012 9:09 PM
  • Hi Grega,

What is the status of the Direct Access Monitor/Current status (Web monitor), Are all componenets healthy ?

Can you try to disable/enable DirectAccess

1. Disable Direct Access

2. Save/Activate the configuration

3. Enable Direct Access

4. GPupdate /force on the UAG Server

5. Apply the policy

Thursday, March 1, 2012 5:21 PM
  • Hello Ahmed

I will try that. It will take some time, because I have to build a new lab environment and I am off next week. I will get back to you.

Thanks, Grega

Grega

Thursday, March 1, 2012 9:50 PM