none
DPM 2007 with IBM ULT 3580-TD4 SCSI Sequential Device in IBM TotalStorage 3573 tape library RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Any help is very much appreciated. :)

Current setup has 3 DPM servers
    server1= DPM for Servers (Windows 2003 SP2 R2, DPM 2007 SP1, installed KB 949779)  medium changers installed
    server2= DPM for Workstations (Windows 2003 SP2 R2, DPM 2007 SP1, installed KB 949779) medium changers installed
    Both servers1 and 2 is configured for TAPE Media sharing and TAPE Library Sharing
    Server3= standby server (Windows 2003 SP2 R2, DPM 2007 SP1) medium changers installed

Test procedure for direct attached:
    1. Test server2 for direct attached(IBM TAPE) working; I was able to burn servers data to the tape. View all the cartridges in the slots 1-5, view the tape contents; erase tape..etc..

Test procedure for Network Tape:
    1. When i check the server2 to view the tape library, i didn't see the library, thus it displayed as stand-alone.
    2. I'am unable to see the 5 cartridge in the slots for both server1 and server2. But when i view the IBM console, i was able to see the cartridges, do inventory.
    3. Everytime i check the tape libraries on server1 it displays "OFFLINE". when i do rescan/refresh it goes online but i cannot see the cartridges in slots 1-5.

THIS SETUP IS ALREADY IN PRODUCTION.

What should be the best practice for this deployment?
    What workaround/s should i do?
    Should i really see the cartridges for both servers?

Thank you very much.

DJ Lee
    • Moved by swapnilpBanned Friday, July 31, 2009 10:42 AM Not related to Social Bookmarks Discussion Forum (From:Social Bookmarks Discussion Forum)
    Monday, July 13, 2009 7:57 AM