none
Product and Activity RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I created an activity and linked a product to it.

If i change the preparedness of the activity it won't change products.

Is there a way to change the activity preparedness and "auto change" the product preparedness as well?

I Hate Mondays

Thursday, January 19, 2017 3:36 PM

Answers

• Lokids --

There is no default Deliverable % Complete field included in the Microsoft PPM solution.  Is this a custom field you have created?  If so, there is no way short of custom software development (using a macro in VBA) to mark a deliverable as completed when its linked task is completed.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

• Marked as answer by Lokids Friday, January 27, 2017 8:39 AM
    Friday, January 20, 2017 1:59 PM

All replies

• Lokids --

Is this a Microsoft Project question?  If so, please elaborate further so we can help you.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Thursday, January 19, 2017 5:28 PM
  • Yes. Project 2010.

Hungarian version so i dont know what are those called in english so i used mirror translate.

I Hate Mondays

Thursday, January 19, 2017 7:45 PM
  • Lokids,

Don't hate Mondays, they are the opportunity to start a fresh week :-)

At least we know which version you are using and there may be a language issue in trying to help you, but we still need a better explanation of what you are asking. I see you've been a member of MSDN forums since 2008, so you should be able to post a screen shot which would help us a lot. However, if you are unable to post a screen shot, here are some specific questions

1. What do you mean by "preparedness"? Is that Percent Complete?

2. What is the "product" or "products"?

3. How is the activity and product linked? For example does completion of the activity result in a product?

It might be easier to write your question in Hungarian and let us translate to English.

John

Thursday, January 19, 2017 8:28 PM
  • Right now i can't post screenshot.

But activity = Task.

Products.. well it shows as a yellow box like thing. In my Project it is an icon right next to milestone.

And yes i meant the % complete.

I Hate Mondays

Thursday, January 19, 2017 9:36 PM
  • Lokids,

Okay, thanks for the additional information. Deliverables (yellow box thing) are only available if you are connected to Project Server which I am not, so I can't help you. But Dale is an expert with Project Server, so I'll turn this one back to him.

John

Thursday, January 19, 2017 10:21 PM
  • Thanks for the help.

So again, the question: Is there a way to change the Deliverables % complete with the Task % complete automatically if they are linked?

I Hate Mondays

Friday, January 20, 2017 9:28 AM
  • Lokids --

There is no default Deliverable % Complete field included in the Microsoft PPM solution.  Is this a custom field you have created?  If so, there is no way short of custom software development (using a macro in VBA) to mark a deliverable as completed when its linked task is completed.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

• Marked as answer by Lokids Friday, January 27, 2017 8:39 AM
    Friday, January 20, 2017 1:59 PM