Fatal Error after exiting flight mode on FSX Golden Edition RRS feed

• Question

• hey, i've been having problems with my FSX after i quit a flight, it just crashes with a fatal error message... never had this problem before can anybody help me?

it seems to happen with any aircraft i use... i have service pack 1 and 2 installed... i've tried a lot of things even reinstalling the program itself but nothing works....

Tuesday, June 23, 2015 5:40 PM

Answers

• Hi

0xc0000005 stands for a race condition. When a thread tries to close the handle to an object that is being destroyed, the operation fails. It is a normal code and there might be a variety of root causes depending different applications. Without knowledgebase on this application, we only can provide some general troubleshooting steps (in many cases reinstall .Net framework did that trick). I’d suggest that we post at this Game forum. There you can get more effective suggestion by other experts or players who familiar with this game. Your understanding is highly appreciated.

I found some similar information as well

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?256705-FSX-always-stop-working-and-fatal-error

Please note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Regards,

D. Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 29, 2015 2:06 AM

All replies

• me again, this is the message i keep getting ;

Faulting application fsx.exe, version 10.0.61637.0, time stamp 0x46fadb14, faulting module window.dll, version 10.0.61637.0, time stamp 0x46fadb59, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x00004d08, process id 0x12dc, application start time 0x01d0adf312f30602.

Wednesday, June 24, 2015 12:48 AM
  • Hi

0xc0000005 stands for a race condition. When a thread tries to close the handle to an object that is being destroyed, the operation fails. It is a normal code and there might be a variety of root causes depending different applications. Without knowledgebase on this application, we only can provide some general troubleshooting steps (in many cases reinstall .Net framework did that trick). I’d suggest that we post at this Game forum. There you can get more effective suggestion by other experts or players who familiar with this game. Your understanding is highly appreciated.

I found some similar information as well

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?256705-FSX-always-stop-working-and-fatal-error

Please note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Regards,

D. Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 29, 2015 2:06 AM