Unbale to access mapped drive folders RRS feed

• Question

• <p>I have two&nbsp;servers&nbsp;installed with windows server 2008. I have mapped a drive givenf full rights and shared all the folders / subfolders. But&nbsp; unbale to access folder. User has adminstrator rights.</p><p>Below is error&nbsp;messages</p><p><a href="file://\\ 192.XX.XX.XX\D$\ Test">\\ 192.XX.XX.XX\D$\ Test</a> is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource" Specific network name is no longer valid"</p><p>first server is unable to right on to the&nbsp;second server&nbsp;.</p><p>Please some help me.</p>
    Tuesday, September 24, 2013 8:08 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Please try the following suggestions to troubleshoot this issue:

1. Check if you can ping the computer with the command “ping <computer name>” or “ping <IP Address>”.

2. Please check if you can access the share folder with “\\computer name\folder” or “\\IP Address\ folder”. Specifically, please check if user has permission on this folder --- though user has administrator rights, it is also possible that administrator do not have permission to access the folder.

3. Temporarily disable or remove all the security software (firewall, anti-virus, anti-spyware, etc.) on the computers and check if it works.

4. Boot the system to Safe Mode with networking and see if the issue persists. If not, please also boot to Clean Boot environment to determine the possible cause.

If the issue still exists, Please provide more detailed error message about your question.

Regards,

Mandy Ye

• Marked as answer by Mandy Ye Monday, September 30, 2013 5:36 AM
    Wednesday, September 25, 2013 1:25 PM